OUR TOP PICK – Best Tool Benches For Toddlers
We have found the best tool benches for toddlers, and our top pick is the Arkmiido Kids Workbench. It is the best wooden toddler workbench for children as young as 12 months. Its bright, cheerful design would work perfectly in any nursery and is likely to last to entertain your little builder for quite a while.
Read on for more information, or click the link below to read more reviews on Amazon.
No products found.
Here are the Best Tool Benches that we have included in our review
Tool benches are great for building fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, hand eye coordination, imagination, and even social skills which your toddler will need in a few years as they start writing and learning in a more formal educational environment.
They’re also great for imaginative and social play, where kids copy what the adults in their lives do. Working with tools and a tool bench can be a way of learning how to work on things around the house, and it creates confidence in children so that they feel like they fix a real project in a variety of situations.
Best Tool Benches For Toddlers
These four high quality tool benches represented our favorites in each of their categories. We hope it helps you if your family is thinking of finding one of these tool benches for your budding builder!
Arkmiido Kids Workbench
No products found.
Arkmiido Kids Workbench Review
This master workbench is made of real wood, and is great for kids 12 months and older. This wooden workbench helps your toddler build up to 9 different wooden toys and comes with 56 wooden tools including; a wooden hammer, wooden saw, wooden screwdriver, wooden wrench, vice, angle, screws, nuts, bolts, gears, and other wood pieces to spark their imagination. Most reviewers say is very sturdy and perfect for little ones exploring the world of building. They are great pieces that are safe enough not to pose any sort of choking hazard – a great relief for parents of small ones!
There are holes in the top for children to use in attaching their creations to the table, or to use in storing pieces. There is an additional accessory bin like shelf in the bottom to keep all the small nuts, bolts, and wooden nails together. It does not require batteries because this is an all-wooden toy. There are no noises or lights, so it’s very helpful for little ones who prefer not to have so much audio and visual stimulation.
Reviewers love the bright colors, that it is packaged well to prevent paint from being damaged, and that it’s gender-neutral. Although it does require some assembly, reviewers said it only takes about 15 minutes to put it together.
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Storage areas for organizing
- Lots of play options
- Not overstimulating
- Perfect for small ones and bigger kids
- Doesn’t light up or make noises
- Doesn’t come assembled
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This is a great first tool and bench set for toddlers and preschoolers of all ages over 12 months old! It’s bright, all-wood, and sturdy enough for long-term enjoyment. It has a storage area, and although assembly is required, it doesn’t need any batteries.
Step2 Pro Play Workshop and Utility Bench
- Large kids workshop features an electronic drill press to "drill" the perfect hole every time!
- Pull-out utility bench helps to expand the pretend play fun with a table saw and storage area
- Attached utility sink brings a realistic home workshop feel
- Loads of storage bins and built-in cabinet space allow little craftsmen to keep their toddler workbench neat and tidy!
Step2 Pro Play Workshop and Utility Bench Review
More of the reviewers for this bench disliked the product due to some issues with the accessories, however, we’ve included it because of the bench itself. It’s durable and more like kitchen playsets in that it’s more “furniture”-sized and has lots of storage.
Many of those who didn’t care for this bench said they were missing parts. One five-star reviewer had the same experience but called the company who sent replacements right away, so if you do decide to purchase, give yourself a little extra time in case you need to use that method.
Those who love the table say that it does require assembly, but that it’s very easy to put together – a one-person, 15-minute job. Shop around for a good price this one and you’ll be providing your family with lots of fix-it fun.
- Much more substantial workspace
- Lots of storage
- Easy to assemble
- A lot pricier than other products
- Missing accessories
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
Although some reviewers were dissatisfied with the accessories with this bench, the bench itself is great for families already who have some toy tools but want a little “shop” for kids to use for storage and organization. This is more like a kitchen or little home set and even has a table saw and foam “wood”-looking pieces to use in assembling things. Kids will love having this as a place to do their “building” and fix-it work.
Budget Pick: Toy Tool Workbench
- 83pcs: super value children's workbench set, equip young handyman with all basic tools they will need to build, such as realistic screws, nuts, hammers, wrenches, electric drills, and helmets.
- Safe Material: The children's workbench is made of high standard plastic ABS, which makes our toys have better non-combustibility and high rigidity to prevent them from shaking even if your child is...
- Unique Design: Different from standard toy workbenches on the market, our toddler workbench set can be transformed into 3 different forms, including toolbox, trolley case, and standard vertical...
- Sturdy and Pretty Package： The package is made of high-quality paper and is sturdy to prevent damage in the process of long-distance transportation. The workbench with nice packaging is the best...
Toy Tool Workbench Review
Not only does this table have 100 pieces, but it can all be folded up into the table and transported anywhere by your toddler or preschooler! It’s completely portable. It even has wheels and a handle.
Almost all reviewers who bought it for that reason seem really satisfied, and they love it because it’s pretty durable as well. One complaint that many reviewers have (even those giving the highest reviews) is that the drill doesn’t have an overtightening guard, meaning if you keep pressing the button after something is tightened, the drill will break. Most reviewers say that’s frustrating, but not enough to downrate the product overall, especially since it’s usually priced pretty well.
The drill takes AA batteries, which are not included, and it does require adult assembly. It does have very small parts, so it’s not a good toy for littles younger than 3.
- Appropriately-sized, realistic tools
- Has a handle and wheels for transport
- Drill can break with overtightening
- Requires AA batteries
- Some assembly required
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This is the perfect set for little workers ages three and up who are always on the go! Although it requires batteries, some assembly, and a little instruction from adults on how to take care of the drill so it doesn’t overtighten, it’s a great set that’s usually well-priced.
iBaseToy Toy Tool Workbench
- 91 PCS TOY WORKBENCH - This kid-sized toddler workbench looks like the real thing, including battery operated electric drill, safe toy hammer, screwdrivers, wrench, and more. Great for teaching kids...
- CONSTRUCTION TOY VEHICLES TO TAKE APART - The toy trucks are held together with big screws and can be taken apart and put back together with the included screwdriver. This is a fun process that...
- STORAGE SPACE UNDERNEATH THE TOOL BENCH - This kids tool bench comes with a storage compartment underneath the workbench to store the accessory pieces, and place available to hang up the tools, making...
- SAFE MATERIAL & STEADINESS - This toddler tool bench is made of the finest non-toxic ABS plastic that allows it to have great rigidity to prevent unsteadiness. It'll not gonna fall even if your kids...
iBaseToy Toy Tool Workbench Review
This tool bench from iBaseToy has so much in a small package – the mini-bench itself, the tools, and things to make and fix! It has a whopping 91 pieces to keep your little carpenter or construction worker busy building. There are bins to keep the pieces organized, and two trucks that can be “constructed” so kids feel like they are making their own toys.
Although this tool bench is not for kids under 3, children older than that will love using mini tools that look and sound like the ones adults use. You will need to also purchase 2 AA batteries for the drill, but once you’ve powered it up, your child can go anywhere and pretend to fix things!
Some reviewers complain because there are no assembly directions for the table itself, although most people said that while instructions would have been nice, they weren’t really necessary.
- Lots of accessories and pieces
- Modeled after real tools
- Comes with two trucks to assemble
- No assembly directions
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This bench is great for families without a lot of space for large toys. The accessories are great, and especially useful if this is the first toolset your child has owned. It even has two cute trucks to put together!