This Momma is in a hurry, just tell me which baby jumpers is the best already!
It is difficult to compete with a classic. The Jolly Jumper focuses on just one thing: bouncing. It doesn’t try to impress you with lots of lights and sounds that aren’t even needed in the first place. It offers lots of giggles for babies who just love to jump. Sometimes too much activity can overstimulate little ones and keeping things simple is the most effective way to have fun. Besides, who needs to be changing batteries all the time?
It is hard sometimes to imagine ever wanting to put your newborn baby down, but the day does come when your little bundle becomes a wiggle worm. When my firstborn was six months old, we moved into a new house, and I had no family to help entertain him while we unloaded the moving van. I had no idea how I was going to juggle unpacking and caring for my son.
Enter the baby jumper.
It was a lifesaver, and not just on moving day. Suddenly I was able to get my household chores done again. As a bonus, all that exercise wore him out and helped him sleep better.
The wide variety of jumpers out there make it difficult to narrow your choices, but here are five of the best to consider.
Disney Baby Finding Nemo Sea of Activities Jumper
- 13+ engaging toys and activities
- Nemo rollerball toy station with dancing lights and ocean sounds
- Interactive Squirt themed piano
- Tad and Pearl characters remove from Mr. Ray for take along fun
- 1 starfish shaped link loop for adding baby's favorite toys
- New and improved buckles with green straps
- Maximum Weight is 25 pounds. Age 6 months plus
Disney Baby Finding Nemo Sea of Activities Jumper review
This jumper leads the pack in adorableness. It features the characters from Finding Nemo and thirteen activities, including a mirror, for your little jumper. Two of the characters are even removable so that your kiddo can bring them along when it is time to leave.
One nice feature of this jumper is that it offers four height settings, as opposed to most other jumpers which only offer three heights. Growing with your baby this way means that it can be used for longer than the other jumpers.
Nemo plays music and the sea turtle has a light-up belly, so you will need six AA batteries. One thing to be warned about is that the light-up sea turtle has been known to stop working after a while, according to a couple of reviews. Given that there is still music and many other items to play with your baby will probably not even notice, but it is worth noting.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
If you are a Disney fan or have an older child who loves Disney, you will love this jumper. Of course, a young baby will not know these characters yet, but this is a wonderful way to introduce them to some of your favorite undersea creatures. And why not get some enjoyment out of the large thing sitting in your living room?
Evenflo ExerSaucerJump and Learn Stationary Jumper Jam Session
- Provides baby with secure learn and play environment
- 67 fun learning activities help babies achieve important developmental milestones
- Bounce base gives baby a soft landing pad that promotes stability in early development
- Smart electronic toys interact with one another providing baby with fun lights and sounds in 3 genres of music
- Extra jump allows baby to exercise legs while being entertained. Fit: Approximately 4 months to walking age or until child can stand flat-footed at the highest level
- NOTE: Refer Instruction manual included along with the product for installation steps
- Extra jump allows baby to exercise legs while being entertained
- This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states, and cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico."
Evenflo ExerSaucerJump and Learn Stationary Jumper Jam Session review
This unique and affordable jumper was developed in coordination with the Child Development Institute, so you know that deep consideration went into this product. It offers 26 activities, including electronic smart toys that play three different musical genres.
Rather than pushing their feet off the floor, babies use a bounce base located underneath this jumper, which helps them with their gross motor skills, building coordination, and core strength.
Even with its remarkable development process, this jumper does have some problems. Most notably, several parents have complained that the teether toy attached to the tray has hurt their child’s gums. The edges on it are not quite rounded enough to be smooth, so I would recommend removing the teether altogether. Another (less dangerous) aspect is that all this electronic awesomeness comes at a high price, battery-wise. This product requires 12 AAA batteries and has a battery life of only 2.25 hours. Of course, your baby could have fun in the jumper without the lights and music, so the choice would be yours.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This is the bouncer to get if you are a music lover or hope to inspire a love of music in your child. Babies will get a kick out of discovering they can control the music with a mere wave of their hand, and having exposure to 3 different music genres is an excellent introduction to music.
- ACTIVE BABY - The standing jumper helps infants improve balance, develop coordination and rhythm, as well as strengthens muscles.
- EASY STORAGE - The 6 foot extra tall, sturdy frame requires no tools for assembly and folds flat for easy storage and portability of the Jolly Jumper.
- FREE STANDING - The stand eliminates the need for doorways and allows the baby exerciser to be used indoor or outdoor
- SAFETY & SUPPORT - The saddle seat is designed to firmly support baby's spine, ensuring correct, upright posture during exercise.
- JUMP & PLAY- Watch as your baby bounces up and down with complete freedom of movement. The spring action is ideal for active babies who want more bounce and fun.
Designed for babies from approximately 3 months of age (when baby can hold head up with full neck support) to just before walking age. Maximum weight of 28 lb or 13 kg. Stand is 6 feet tall with a 42 inch x 43 inch floor footprint.
JOLLY JUMPER review
The Jolly Jumper is like a door frame jumper, but better. It doesn’t have an activity center, so you don’t need to worry about the hassle of batteries. No noise, and no worry about breaking or non-working toys. The seat just hangs from a 6-foot tall sturdy metal frame that is completely secure and will not destroy your doorframe.
Some parents may not like the absence of the plastic activity center that most jumpers are equipped with, but the babies who use this jumper don’t seem to mind at all. Parents who have bought the Jolly Jumper have raved about how much their babies love bouncing in their jumper.
Parents also love that it easily folds up flat for storage or transportation. Unlike the other jumpers, it is easy to move this one from room to room or even outside for some fresh air. It is rather large, but if you had room in your car you could also bring this with you to other houses you visit.
The only real drawback (other than the lack of an activity center, if that is important to you) is that it can take up quite a bit of space. Most jumpers do, but this one has been compared to the size of a Christmas tree in your living room. However, one parent looked on the bright side and decided that once her children grew out of this jumper, she could use the frame to make a play tent for her kids!
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This is the jumper to get if you are tired of noisy kid toys that only end up overstimulating your baby. If you would like to cut down your dependence on batteries, you will love this jumper. Your kiddo will be able to entertain him or herself well enough just by bouncing around. And you could always spice it up by putting a full-length mirror in front of the frame so baby can get a show while jumping.
Baby Einstein Neptune's Ocean Discovery Jumper
- Dive into discovery with ocean themed activities in every direction
- Bouncy seat swivels 360 degrees from toy to toy
- 4 height positions are easier to adjust. Toys/Frame are wipe clean
- Electronic sea turtle station is removable
- Introduces numbers & colors in English, Spanish, French
BABY EINSTEIN NEPTUNE'S OCEAN DISCOVERY JUMPER review
Here is another adorable ocean themed jumper, only this one has a bilingual twist! Baby Einstein often focuses on learning activities, such as with this jumper by introducing baby to numbers and colors. Here they also teach these concepts in English, Spanish, and French.
This jumper comes equipped with 15 activities in its activity center and only requires 3 AA batteries. The sea turtle station is removable, to make cleaning easier. The downside of the activity center is that it isn’t terribly interactive, as most of the toys are stationary.
This product makes life easier for parents in a couple of ways. Since this jumper is one of the few that offers 4 height positions, it can be used a longer period as your baby grows. It also folds down flat for storage and transportation, which is very rare but much appreciated.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
Babies soak up information like a sponge, so why not take every opportunity you can to have them learn? Starting out by introducing them to multiple languages is excellent for their language development. You will be happy with this bouncer if you like the Baby Einstein approach to play and learning.