The day you bring your baby home in your car for the first time may well be simultaneously the most joyful and the most terrifying. They are so little, and they seem so fragile. You’d do anything to keep them safe.
And when you start driving them around, it’s very disconcerting that they need to be faced away from you to stay safe. You can’t see them as you drive, and there’s an instinct that just sort of takes over and makes you feel sort of panicky when you can’t see that sweet little face.
Baby mirrors provide a lot of comfort for both parents and babies, and they also provide safety. While combing through reviews for mirrors, we found several stories of little ones being seen choking through the backseat mirror. Drivers were able to pull over and attend to the babies in crisis in each case, so there is an argument for mirrors being quite useful.
Although some argue that mirrors could be too distracting for drivers, many parents feel that it actually provides the ability to have a quick glance and then helps the driver to stay more focused on driving because they know their little one is safe.
The other concerns when shopping for mirrors are that the mirror might fall on the baby, or become unattached, making it a projectile should a crash occur. When looking through these reviews and the information on mirrors, we were sure to pay close attention to those issues.
We hope this helps if you are in the market for a mirror!
Baby Backseat Mirror
- LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If for any reason you and your baby are not 100% satisfied with your new So Peep™ baby carseat mirror you are welcome to a No-Questions-Asked 100% REFUND + Every purchase receives our BONUS EBOOK VALUED AT $4.95: “Baby’s First Foods – A Practical Guide and 20 Nutritious Recipes”
- ENGINEERED FROM ONLY THE STRONGEST AND SAFEST MATERIALS: At So Peep™ we use Baby-Safe Shatterproof Acrylic Glass. We make safety our #1 priority and we have built a unique Baby-Safe mirror to give you complete peace of mind that your baby will be safe and sound for the entire journey. And with our ULTRA-STRONG SECURE DOUBLE-STRAP SYSTEM (see images) your new So Peep™ baby mirror will stay firmly fastened to the headrest. Your newborn girl or boy will be riding in style
- INSTALL IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS (NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED): Other baby mirrors require assembling multiple parts, and following complicated instructions. Our So Peep™ car mirrors require ZERO assembly and can be installed in as little as 30 seconds. Simply open the box, attach straps to headrest, pull straps to tighten, pivot mirror to suit – and you’re GOOD TO GO
- #1 BEST-QUALITY BABY-TO-DRIVER VIEWING: With our EXTRA LARGE CONVEX VIEWING AND FULLY ADJUSTABLE MIRROR you can pivot the headrest mirror to any angle to suit your car make and model. See your baby head-to-toe while your baby sees you. You will be able to clearly see if your baby is happy, sad, asleep, awake, and most importantly, of course, SAFE
- NOT SUITABLE FOR CARS WITH A FIXED HEADREST - LESS ANNOYING SHAKING & NO SLIDING WHILE IN TRANSIT: A lot of baby car mirrors will vibrate, shake, and move around while you are driving. Our So Peep™ mirrors have been specially engineered to remain stable as you drive - This means safe, fun, and stress-free traveling for you and your newborn baby. Popular baby shower gift!
BABY BACKSEAT MIRROR Review
This mirror is extra large and has a unique adjustable swivel-back feature. Installation is very simple, although it doesn’t come with any installation instructions. The manufacturer claims it’s a 30-second installation, and most reviewers say that’s actually close to accurate. From unboxing to getting the mirror adjusted, most people said it took less than 10 or 15 minutes.
The swivel back is one of the favorite features. It makes it easy to adjust so you can view the baby from head to toe. Many reviewers worried that the adjustability would also make the mirror wobbly on bumpy roads, but they are nearly all happy to report that it is very stable.
Many reviewers also commented that they feel like the mirror is secure enough that they don’t worry about it falling on the baby, or becoming a projectile should they be involved in a car accident.
Although it’s made of shatterproof acrylic, the surface can be scratched, so buyers say to be careful not to throw things near it even when baby isn’t present. The only downside is that it cannot be used in vehicles with a fixed headrest. The headrest has to be the moveable type.
One or two reviewers mentioned issues with the straps to the mirror not holding up well, but the mirror does come with a lifetime guarantee that covers every aspect of the mirror, including the straps.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This mirror is large and stable. The plastic and mirror seem to hold up better than others, although there are a few reports of issues. The straps, like most of these types of mirrors, don’t always last long, but the is a warranty that appears to be honored well in providing exchanges.
Shynerk Baby-0011 Baby car mirror
- INSTALLS IN SECONDS:Easy to fit-mirror attaches in seconds to rear seat head rest and rotates and pivots for a clear view.
- WIDE ANGLE CONVEX MIRROR:Always have full sight of your precious infant and surroundings with the Extra-Large Wide angles this mirror provides.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE & COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VEHICLES:360 degree pivot for full maneuverability.Attaches to Any headrest.Fits Most Cars,Vans,SUVs, & Trucks.
- SAFE WITH SHATTERPROOF DESIGN: Made from Acrylic Safety Glass surrounded by a black plastic frame. In the event of a Crash or Accident you can ensure your Baby is Safe.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: No assembly required and it fits in all vehicle types. Fits most cars, trucks, vans SUVs and any place of back seat. Installs in seconds, no tools required.
SHYNERK BABY-0011 BABY CAR MIRROR Review
This mirror is similarly made. It’s a flat mirror with a swivel and pivot function. It attaches to the headrest of most vehicles. It seems to be just as easy to install, and it does come with instructions, although several reviewers say your better off using a tutorial video that can be found on YouTube if you need help installing.
It’s made from acrylic safety glass, as they all seem to be. It’s surrounded by a plastic frame. The mirror is very clear, making it easy to see baby with a quick glance toward them.
The manufacturer says the swivel is 360 degrees, so you can point the mirror pretty much anywhere. The pivot works well when you move it intentionally, but doesn’t wiggle or move a lot when driving as long as it’s installed appropriately.
Many reviewers say they strapped it to the headrest next to, rather than in front of, their baby then adjusted the mirror so they could see their little one. This seems to be the preferred method of installment. Several mentioned feeling more comfortable with this because they didn’t want the mirror to fall on baby during transit.
This mirror also seems to have strap issues. The company says the mirror has a lifetime guarantee as well, so if you buy this mirror and have issues, keep that in mind.
One thing reviewers disliked was that in the pictures, this mirror is logo-free. Some people even bought it because of that. When unboxing, however, they found that there is indeed a logo, prominently printed onto the mirror itself. Just a heads’ up if you’re looking for a logo-free mirror.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
Reviewers like that this mirror has an easy-to-follow instructional video on YouTube. It’s easy to install, like the others. They say the mirror is very clear. Many say they install the mirror on one of the headrests on the side of the baby rather than over, which works well. Although there is no logo on the sales photos, there is one on the actual mirror.
Baby Mirror for Car
- EASILY KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR LITTLE ANGEL: This great baby car accessory will allow you to never leave your baby out of your site - even while safely driving down the road!
- A BACK SEAT MIRROR THAT WILL STAY IN PLACE: Forget what you know about car baby mirrors that need constant readjusting and fall out of place every few minutes. This rear facing mirror's unique secure mount system will make sure it stays in place and keeps giving you a panoramic view of your little one!
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: For a toddler's parent, we know every minute counts. That's why we've designed our mirrors to be easy to install in less than a minute!
- SUPERIOR QUALITY & CONSTRUCTION: Lusso Gear back seat children's mirrors are made with nothing but superior quality materials.
- GUARANTEED SATISFACTION: At Lusso Gear, we have absolute faith in our rear facing baby car mirrors. We use them in our own vehicles! If, however, you find anything wrong with your mirror, do not hesitate to let us know and we will take care of it. Your satisfaction is paramount!
BABY MIRROR FOR CAR Review
This is the only mirror we found with color choices. The frame comes in black, tan, or gray.
It also pivots, is made of shatterproof glass, and installs easily. It’s easy to remove, as well, according to the manufacturer.
They recommend only using this mirror on moving headrests as it doesn’t work on a fixed headrest. However, reviewers tried it anyway! They say it’s possible to use it on a fixed headrest by placing the straps straight across the back of the headrest rather than diagonally.
Reviewers say the mirror gives a clear large view of baby. The pivoting frame moves when it should, then stays still after adjustment.
Some reviewers were concerned, however, about the ball and socket that attaches to the headrest with a peg rather than a screw like several of the other mirrors use. There are cases where the ball and socket completely disconnected with the base and fell on the baby, so keep that in mind when buying and installing.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
There aren’t a lot of mirrors in colors other than black, so it’s nice that this mirror comes in three color choices. Although the company says this mirror doesn’t work on fixed headrests, reviewers have found a way to make it work. The mirror is clear and large, which reviewers like.
What they don’t care for is that the mirror is attached only with a peg and may break or fall easily.
COZY GREENS Baby Car Mirror
- KEEP YOUR LITTLE ONE SAFE. Our extra large 11.5 inch by 7.5 inch convex baby car mirror is fully adjustable, giving you a crystal clear view of your rear facing infant from head to toe. No more guessing, you will SEE your child and easily keep him or her safe & comfortable and focus on driving safely.
- LIFETIME FACTORY WARRANTY. If at any point you are not 100% happy with your baby mirror for car you are welcome to a 100% Refund or FREE replacement, no questions asked + Every purchase includes a Specialized Cleaning Cloth.
- ENGINEERED FROM THE STRONGEST CRASH TESTED MATERIALS. Unlike other carseat mirrors, the Cozy Greens backseat mirror has passed 45 MPH crash testing at an official European testing facility; even stricter than standard USA baby car seat tests. The SUPER SECURE STRAP SYSTEM (see images) keeps the mirrors firmly in place, so we as parents can feel safe and secure.
- HELP UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN. As young parents, we want our family-owned small business Cozy Greens to benefit the world. To this end, we donate 5% of our profits directly to the USA 501c certified foundation ChildsLife “chances for children”. Feel the Joy of knowing that your purchase significantly and directly helps underprivileged children.
- SAVES VALUABLE TIME. As parents of four young children, we chose to design our car seat mirror so that it can be installed in under one minute. We all want to quickly get back to providing our kids with love and care. Therefore: ZERO assembly required, simply unpack the mirror, strap it to the headrest, adjust the viewing angle, and enjoy tossing your little one smiles.
COZY GREENS BABY CAR MIRROR Review
This mirror is also easy to install and made from similar materials. It’s a good-sized mirror, and several reviewers say they’ve had it for several years and it’s still doing its job - sometimes with a second baby.
There are several issues, though. First, the mirror part isn’t protected in the packaging, and some people say theirs arrived with scratches on the paint and the mirror.
Another issue is that it doesn’t work well on smaller headrests, and like most of the others, it isn’t compatible with fixed headrests.
The ball socket also is said to break easily. Some reviewers said the plastic parts have snapped while driving, making the mirror fall and become hazardous. The mirror itself has also cracked, and some worried that the outside was not made well enough to keep the mirror intact should there be an impact.
One thing that many reviewers loved was the excellent customer service that comes from this parent-run company. Anytime there have been reported issues with the mirror, the company has been proactive and thorough in making things right.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This mirror comes with great customer service! That may be necessary, unfortunately. There are several reported issues with this mirror, including both the plastic and mirror elements. If you buy this mirror, be sure to install it on a headrest adjacent to the baby’s seat rather than right over the baby, just in case.