This Momma is in a hurry, just tell me which activity table is the best already!
What is the best baby activity table out there? We liked the Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center so much, we considered asking for one for ourselves for our next birthdays. It has a really unique design that allows for several children of various ages to play together and seems to stay fun and useful as kids age. We like most of these, but we’re pretty sure this one will be a classic! Well done, Manhattan Toy Company!
There are so many baby activity tables and centers out on the market! It’s hard to know which to choose.
We reviewed 5 for you and will give you all the information that can help you think through what you want to look for if you are in the market for one.
While reviewing these tables, we learned 3 quick tips repeated in the reviews of nearly every toy we looked at:
- They are almost always smaller in real life than they appear in the pictures.
- These toys are sometimes hard to put together if they’re made of wood, but they may last longer, especially since there aren’t any electrical parts that can break.
- Almost all the complaints of injury reported are due to reviewers not paying attention to the assigned ages. Although ages can be relative, and some toys are appropriate a little earlier or later for most children, they are typically pretty accurate and should be followed for safety.
Melissa & Doug First Play Jungle Wooden Activity Table
- Helps develop multiple skills: The Melissa & Doug first play jungle wooden activity table features 8 different hands on activities to help build important developmental skills, including fine motor skills and hand eye coordination
- Sturdy wooden construction: to ensure stability, safety, and longevity, This jungle themed play table is made from sturdy wood and features high quality materials
- Jungle themed activity play table: Our wooden table for kids features bright colors, bold patterns, and a whimsical design. The attached pieces are designed to turn, roll, flip, spin, slide, and more
- Great gift for ages 12 months and up: The first play jungle activity table makes an ideal gift for kids ages 12 months and up. Add the Melissa & Doug first play pound & roll stairs to enrich the hands on play experience
- “The gold standard in childhood play”: for more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination and creativity sparking products that nbc news calls “The gold standard in early childhood play.”
- 100 percent happiness guarantee: We design Every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product
Melissa & Doug First Play Jungle Wooden Activity Table REVIEW
This jungle-themed table is a typical Melissa & Doug favorite made of sturdy wood. It’s beautifully crafted, and although simple, doesn’t seem overwhelming, either. It’s aged for 12 months to 6 years, but it is pretty small. The site says it’s a foot tall and wide, but some reviewers said the table itself is only 7 inches tall.
There are a lot of positive reviews. Babies and toddlers love sitting or standing to play. Some toddlers use it to pull up and start cruising, but keep in mind, they may try to pull up on it and it could flip, so watch them carefully and get ready to lend a hand to help steady them if they start to pull up. It’s pretty lightweight, so it shouldn’t harm them, but be sure not to leave them unattended if they’re playing on a hard surface.
Babies love the activities. Adults love the price.
Assembly is required. Some parents say assembly was a breeze while others say they had a really difficult time getting it together. Be sure to check all the parts before you start assembling so you can let the company if anything is missing or broken (including screws and nails).
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
If you’re already a fan of the Melissa & Doug brand, you’ll probably like this table. It’s a good, solid wood product that captures and keeps the attention of little ones well, and it tends to be one of the most affordable, high quality choices out there.
Our Top Pick
Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center
- Hands-on learning fun: The tree top adventure wooden toddler toy is packed full of motor skill activities. Your little one won't even know they're practicing their fine and gross motor skills as they investigate all of the features offered by this tree-themed activity center.
- Activity center features: with gliders, springy flaps, spinning dials, bead runs, and shape recognition, classic toddler activities are packed tightly into this motor skill developmental toy. When toddlers are engaged and happy, so are their caregivers.
- The details matter: colorful, highly detailed graphics abound on this activity stand, with a bright palette to instantly capture and hold your little one's attention. While exploring all of the activity features, the tree top adventure will send imaginations to the clouds.
- Wooden toy for toddlers: this wooden activity toy for toddlers measures 22.5" Tall and 18" Wide, with a water-based, non-toxic finish, and is a suitable toy for 1 year and up - a perfect first birthday gift, nursery toy, or Children's room décor piece.
- Why Manhattan Toy: if you're reading this, you've found a safe toy from a real company and a brand that cares. Since 1978, Manhattan Toy has been a trusted source of imaginative toys for babies, toddlers and kids of all ages. All of our toys are rigorously safety tested and every toy has our 800 number with a dedicated customer Support team to answer your call.
Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center REVIEW
This product is unique. Rather than being a table, it’s a tree shape filled with adorable woodland creatures. Although there are many things to do with this toy, it is divided into four sections which keeps it from being overwhelming.
These sections also seem to encourage side-by-side play, and several reviewers commented that they were thrilled that kids ages 1-5 really did have fun playing with this together. Reviewers also said children continue to be interested in the toy as they grow, and they find new things each time they play with it.
It top heavy, so you’ll want to monitor your little one whose pulling up with this toy, as well, since it can topple over, throwing them off balance.
There were some complaints among reviewers about the difficult assembly due to the positioning of the screws. Some handy reviewers suggested having either a very small Phillips head screwdriver nearby during assembly or using a Phillips head allen wrench.
It’s pricier than some of the others, but we think it may just be worth it because of its unique features.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This toy is so cute! It’s appealing to kids of multiple ages, designed for more than one child to play at a time, and doesn’t easily lose it’s charm as they get older. It’s usually more expensive than other activity centers, but you can sometimes find it for a reduced price if that’s your only drawback.
Check out our Best Baby Jumpers reviews and buying guide.
Forstart Learning Activity Table
- ❤️【Great Toy for Intelligence Development】Activity table center has 10+ fun activities, such as motion of train, rainbow piano, number block maze, etc, encourage your child to explore and learn. The motion of train has three stalls, simulate realistic train operation.
- 💛 【Improve Visual and Hearing Skills】Functions music mode, lovely cartoon styles, colorful appearance, beautiful music, bright lighting, funny animals to help and improve children's visual and hearing skills.
- 💚【Sit & Stand & Interactive】Removable legs are easy to storage that the children can take the music learning table to anywhere, activity table can play safely and happily. Four table legs are non-slip and fairly sturdy, can protect your baby's safety. Whether you play it yourself or play with friends, it’s a good choice.
- 💙【Safe and Non-toxic】 Made of BPA free Safe and Non-Toxic ABS plastic, has fully tested with U.S.ASTM and European EN71 toy safety standards.
- 💜【Great Gifts for Toddlers】Multi-functional gaming table for a great birthday, Christmas, New Year gift for kids from 1-3 years old.
Forstart Learning Activity Table review
This table uses bright colors, lights, songs, and mechanically moving parts to capture the attention of little ones. It’s the only table or center in our list made of plastic rather than wood. It’s also the only one that requires batteries (3 AA, not included).
It’s lightweight, and the legs snap in and out easily, transforming it to either lay flat on the floor for babies or stand a foot and a half taller for toddlers. It requires no tools for assembly and takes less than 5 minutes to put together.
A lot of reviewers say it’s the best table of its kind. Some said it was twice the price as others and not necessarily worth it because it seems smaller than they expected. One reviewer complained because there is a voiceover done in English with a very heavy Chinese accent. It is difficult to understand if you aren’t familiar with it.
Several disappointed reviewers said their table quit working within a few months and they were unable to reach anyone to speak with about the issue.
Overall, if your baby likes playthings with a lot of visual and auditory stimulation, along with bright cheerful colors, this sturdy table may be the one for you.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This is perfect for the family who doesn’t want to hassle with assembly, and enjoys lights, music, and interactive noises. Reviewers say it’s a bit small for the price compared to other plastic toys, but if you are a savvy shopper, you may be able to find it priced well enough to make it your perfect option.
ZONXIE Wooden 7 in 1 Baby Activity Play Cube Bead Maze Toys Activity Center for Babies Toddlers Educational Early Preschool Learning Toys
- 6 Sides Activity Cube: A variety of game-plays make children more interested in this. Calculation beads, digital and picture cognition and so on are better to strengthen child's brain development
- Natural and Safe Material: Cut from solid wood, sanded smooth, and finished with safe, water-based paints; Non-toxic finishes and child safe materials
- Educational Learning Toy: Encourage your child to recognize shapes, colors, words, characters and develop imagination, hand-eye coordination and problem solving skills
- Nice Toy Gift: Best choice as a kids’ birthday gift, which is also a good parent-child game that can promote family harmony
- Perfect Size: The height is suitable for sitting kids to play; Don't need to assembly, there will be no fragments
ZONXIE Wooden 7 in 1 Baby Activity Play Cube Bead Maze Toys Activity Center for Babies Toddlers Educational Early Preschool Learning Toys review
This toy has two layers of fun! There are 7 activities, one on top and 6 on the bottom. It’s recommended for children 18 months old and over, and little ones can play either sitting or standing. It’s dual height seems good for more than one child to play with at once.
Families who were gifted this toy tended to love it. Those who bought it for themselves complained that it’s too small for the price they paid.
Other reviewers were worried that the center cube was just big enough for little fingers to be caught beneath them. Several complained that the maze on the top portion of the toy popped off, making the beads free to come off, which made a serious choking hazard. A couple of reviewers use superglue or hot glue guns to stabilize the maze before children played with it to be sure it didn’t create an issue.
Many reviewers loved the toy and found that their children enjoyed playing with it.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This activity center is fun for families with multiple children around the same age. One can sit while the other stands to play. There are lots of different activities to keep kids busy.
KidKraft Toddler Play Station
KidKraft Toddler Play Station review
What makes this activity center unique is the big, wooden removable pieces, the puzzle area that catches cute chunky animal blocks in handy organizational bins, and it’s larger size. This is a more substantial table. It’s made with sturdy wood, is a little over 2 feet long and tall, and weighs 24 lbs. It’s unlikely to topple over if little ones pull up on it.
There’s even a train with two cars that the animals can take turns riding in.
Unfortunately, many parents say it’s not quite well made enough for the price. The instructions were not in-depth enough to be helpful, and it’s definitely a two-person assembly job. While it’s sturdy once it’s put together, many reviewers say the nails, pegs, and screws included are flimsy and break when assembling the station.
There is a warranty with the product, but it only lasts for 90 days, which reviewers say doesn’t do a lot of good.
Still, you may do well if you use sturdier hardware, are ready for some more extensive assembly, and assemble slowly and carefully. Once it’s together, it’s sure to be a favorite for a long time, though.
Super Mom Picks Verdict:
This is a study table when constructed. It’s great for children who love imaginative and creative play, and it gives children the option to be in charge a bit more because they can move pieces around. There’s a really cute little working train, as well, and everything is made of finished and painted wood.