Reading this blog post could lead to catchy funny kids songs being stuck in your head for days and maybe weeks.
Let’s face it, sometimes you just need a silly song playing loudly to inject some immediate FUN into your home. “Family Dance Party” has become a favorite of my kids and is one of those activities that I’m sure they will remember fondly someday. I love it because it gets us all up and moving no matter the age!
Over the years the kids have discovered lots of these songs. They all have catchy beats and funny lyrics and more than one of these is now burned permanently into my brain!
The really cool thing is that you can use your Amazon echo (everybody has one now right?) and just say “Alexa play _______ “ and the dance party starts immediately!
Heck, I’ve even used these at the kids birthday parties in a pinch when things need to be livened up! (and maybe one time when I was alone, cooking in the kitchen)
Silly Kids Songs - Here you go...
- 1I Poop! ~ just as silly as it sounds…..say “Alexa, play I poop”
- 2Peanut Butter Jelly Time ~ say “Alexa, play Peanut Butter Jelly Time”
- 3What does the Fox Say ~ Warning: will be stuck in your brain….say “Alexa, play what does the fox say”
- 4I am a Gummy Bear ~ say “Alexa, play Gummy Bear”
- 5Chicken Tender ~ cause what kid doesn’t like chicken tenders...say “Alexa, play the chicken tender song”
- 6I need a diamond sword ~ for all the Minecraft lovers out there….say “Alexa, play diamond sword”
- 7Baby Shark ~ sweeping the nation, you know it right?....say “Alexa, play baby shark”
Do you and your kids have a favorite silly song that you ask Alexa to play? Leave a comment below and if it's silly enough, then I 'll add it to the list!
When your little one finally begins to really move around, one of the best things that you can do for him or her is to get a ride-on toy. Not only does it help them practice their all-important gross motor skills, but it also allows for some independence and freedom. (Or at least the illusion of it!) But mostly, a ride-on toy is just plain fun. read more...
Board games can be a great way to bond as a family, and they have many benefits for toddlers and preschoolers. They can learn social-emotional skills like taking turns, helping others, and working together. There are many games these days that don’t require competition between family read more… read more...
Kids gravitate toward water. They are fascinated by it and endlessly entertained with the many forms of play it can satisfy. No matter what the weather is, my kids will find water when they are playing outside and pour, splash, and float. Even in the middle of winter on the playground. read more...