By my third child I learned that if I am not prepared, I will have unnecessary stress. There are lots of little things that you can do to make life with littles easier and keeping the right kid related items in your vehicle is one of them. Here are the 12 things every super mom should keep in her car.
- Extra diapers ~ if your child is in diapers, this is always a must!
- Wipes ~ an extra pack of wipes can be a life-saver. Not just for diaper changes, these come in handy after pumping gas, wiping hands after snacks, or even emergency stain removal.
- Healthy snack stash ~ Having a stash of healthy snacks can help avoid drive-thru’s and other unexpected stops when kids are hungry. Best are foods like popcorn, crackers, health bars, or cereals that don’t melt or freeze.
- Distractions to occupy time ~ Activity books, sticker books, or magazines that are age appropriate for each kid can be a great help on longer trips.
- Tissues ~ Because runny noses are just a way of life.
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitizer ~ of course the safe kind.
- Trash bags ~ Your car is always a mess, whether its snack wrappers, used tissues, or empty water bottles. Doggie pick up bags work nicely and are compact.
- A Blanket ~ Whether it is to spread out at an impromptu picnic, it is cooler than you expected at the soccer game, or the kids just need the comfort of a warm blanket for a long road trip.
- Change of clothes for each child ~ Because no matter what, someone will always spill something on their clothes, get sick, or will end up muddy or wet!
- First aid kit ~ You never know what kind of boo-boo you will need to comfort while out and about.
- Reusable shopping bags ~ Groceries are just one reason these come in handy. Library books and farmers market finds fit nicely, and I’ve even used them as emergency trick-or-treat bags.
- Portable potty ~ If traveling with a toddler or small child who is potty training or if there just isn’t a convenient restroom available, you know the saying – some things just can’t wait!
So that’s it. Do yourself a favor and go check your family car right now and make sure to get these items in there. You will be glad you did.
Don’t leave Super Mom Picks without checking out the Top Picks page which highlights some of my very favorite items!